At Junior Jive we believe that music in early childhood creates a foundation upon which future learning is built.
What sets us apart from other music and movement programmes is that the curriculum is specifically educationally based, as it is written by a qualified Foundation Phase educator with more than 20 years’ experience.
Our dedicated and passionate team of specialist teachers focus on the school-readiness skills, which every child needs in order to have a good foundation on which to base their primary school years.
Junior Jive Music activities include:
- Singing songs
- Playing Instruments – including drums
- Creative and structured movement
- Participation in group activities
- Courtesy, co-operation and respect
Our age groups:
- Tiny Maestros (Babies to crawlers)
- Maestros on the Move (Walkers – 2 years)
- Mini-Maestros (2-4 years)
- Master Maestros (4-6 years)
The School Readiness Skills we focus on are:
- Language and pre-reading
- Cognitive skills
- Social skills
- Physical skills: gross and fine motor development
- Emotional Development